Laser teeth whitening is a process that can be used to increase the white, bright shine of the smile up to eight and even ten shades in as little as one hour. The treatment combines whitening gel and the use of a diode laser to create a white and bright smile that you can be proud of. The whitening process enables a whiter smile easily and effectively.
Laser teeth whitening uses the combination of whitening gel which is applied to the teeth and lasers which are used to activate the components of the gel to allow oxygen to reach the teeth. It is an effective whitening tool offered in dental offices throughout the country.
Advantages of Laser Teeth Whitening:
- It is effective. It can easily whiten the teeth up to ten shades in as little as one hour. There are few other teeth whitening systems that whiten the teeth so completely in such a short period of time.
- It can often see effects that can last up to one year if preventative maintenance on the teeth is maintained after the whitening treatments have been complete.
- Most patients leave the procedure with whiter teeth and a brighter smile without any sensitivity to the treatment whatsoever.
- It is a safe procedure that can whiten the teeth without providing damage.
- Multiple treatments can be used for stubborn stains which are found on the teeth. This way, even regular smokers and coffee drinkers can see the effects of whiter teeth.
Drawbacks of laser teeth whitening:
A small percentage of patients have experienced side effects from the laser whitening treatments including: sensitive teeth, sensitive gums, and hot or cold sensitivity when drinking and eating certain foods. All side effects are temporary and go away usually within 24-hours. Although these side effects are uncommon, it is something to consider before undergoing the teeth whitening process.
At Home Whitening
The at home whitening system, is comfortable and affordable, in conjunction with in-office appointments to monitor progress. We take impressions of your mouth to prepare your custom-fitted trays, and specifically select a whitening program for you. The process is then completed in the comfort of your own home.