The Diode laser is perfectly safe for use on pregnant women
Did You Know?...
Lasers have been used in dentistry, regularly for the past 10 years
Lasers in Dentistry
The Diode Laser is a soft tissue laser used in dentistry. It has many applications. It can be used for the following:
- Laser Whitening
- TMJ treatment
- Canker sore and cold sore treatment
- Tissue Sculpting
- Esthetic Smile Recontouring
- Cleaning and sterilizing infected gums
- Detailing tissue around implants
- Removing fibromas or extra tissue growths in the mouth
We are excited to have been using the laser in our office for over two years. We have treated many children and adults with just topical anesthetic. The healing time with a laser is much faster than with traditional surgical procedures.
Laser teeth whitening is a process that can be used to increase the white, bright shine of the smile up to eight and even ten shades in as little as one hour. The treatment combines whitening gel and the use of a diode laser to create a white and bright smile that you can be proud of. The whitening process enables a whiter smile easily and effectively.
Laser teeth whitening uses the combination of whitening gel which is applied to the teeth and lasers which are used to activate the components of the gel to allow oxygen to reach the teeth. It is an effective whitening tool offered in dental offices throughout the country.
Advantages of Laser Teeth Whitening:
- It is effective. It can easily whiten the teeth up to ten shades in as little as one hour. There are few other teeth whitening systems that whiten the teeth so completely in such a short period of time.
- It can often see effects that can last up to one year if preventative maintenance on the teeth is maintained after the whitening treatments have been complete.
- Most patients leave the procedure with whiter teeth and a brighter smile without any sensitivity to the treatment whatsoever.
- It is a safe procedure that can whiten the teeth without providing damage.
- Multiple treatments can be used for stubborn stains which are found on the teeth. This way, even regular smokers and coffee drinkers can see the effects of whiter teeth.
Drawbacks of laser teeth whitening:
A small percentage of patients have experienced side effects from the laser whitening treatments including: sensitive teeth, sensitive gums, and hot or cold sensitivity when drinking and eating certain foods. All side effects are temporary and go away usually within 24-hours. Although these side effects are uncommon, it is something to consider before undergoing the teeth whitening process.